Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
Envy 4T-1200 CTO
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

Started to notice my power profile started switching briefly and randomly from power to battery once in a while based on screen brightness and aero turning on and off. 

Then started to notice I'd get these "Plugged in not charging" messages but eventually battery would charge to 100% just not as fast. Now It could say charging and the side LED goes from orange to white but still say charging. Or it would say "fully charged" when it isn't.  and sometimes it would say plugged in not charging again and then go back to charging. 

Also now when the batteries low, it has very little issues to charge until it gets to about 60-70 percent.

This is when the issues start. it goes through the described signs but not consistently but it struggles to charge past 80%

Tried the AHCI driver thing, didn't help. Let the battery drain and recharge, didn't help. Bought a new PSU and that didn't help. Also when charging, 60% says it has 2 hours and 35 min left, yet when I got it to charge to 80%, it never change from 1 hour a 42 min remaining even though the battery had more charge....

Will a new battery fix this issue??   This laptop has a ton of sentimental value as it was given to me right before my Dad passed away so I will do what I have to to get this fixed... 

Please help.  

17 REPLIES 17
HP Recommended

Also battery health checker software claims my battery is good and healthy.

It did bug me that when I had some warranty work done on it early in its life, they replaced the battery with an older one than my original. I wasn't happy about that.

HP Recommended

@neccros

This does seem to be an issue with the Battery. I suggest you update the BIOS from this Link: https://support.hp.com/us-en/drivers

Next run the Battery Test from F2 Diagnostic

- Hold the power button for at least five seconds to turn off the Notebook.
- Turn on the computer and immediately press Esc repeatedly, about once every second. 
- When the menu appears, press the F2 key.
- On the main menu, click Component Tests and Power > Battery

Thank you 😊

If the information I've provided was helpful, give us some reinforcement by clicking the "Solution Accepted" on this Post and it will also help other community members with similar issue.

KrazyToad
I Am An HP Employee

HP Recommended

Its already on F.25 as far as the BIOS goes, and I tried to test and all I have in the menu is Memory and Hard Drive tests... Nothing for a battery...

HP Recommended

@neccros

In this case download the HP Support Assistant from this Link: https://www8.hp.com/us/en/campaigns/hpsupportassistant/hpsupport.html

Next run the Battery Check again from HPSA

Link: https://support.hp.com/in-en/document/c03467905

You might also have to get the battery replaced. This seems to be an issue with the Battery

If the information I've provided was helpful, give us some reinforcement by clicking the "Solution Accepted" on this Post and it will also help other community members with similar issue.

KrazyToad
I Am An HP Employee

HP Recommended

I might have already ran this and other battery health programs and they all tell me my battery is healthy...  

Can you say for sure replacing the battery will solve this issue?  I already bought a new power supply and it didnt do anything and I dont want to keep buying things that dont do anything.  

Also where can I buy a real battery and not some 3rd party knock off that will explode\???

HP Recommended

@neccros

Yes this seems to be a Battery issue since it starts charging then only stops.

I suggest you contact HP Support for Battery replacement

Click on this link - https://support.hp.com/us-en/contact-hp?openCLC=true and select your Country to get the Contact details for HP Support

Thank you

If the information I've provided was helpful, give us some reinforcement by clicking the "Solution Accepted" on this Post and it will also help other community members with similar issue.

KrazyToad
I Am An HP Employee

HP Recommended

Love how I go to contact support and support site is down...

HP Recommended

@neccros

Thank you for posting back and apologize for the inconvenience caused. 

You can try now contacting our support and support site is functioning normally. 

Keep me posted!

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

I went to the site, typed in my serial and product number and it tells me the battery I need...

I click on it and it goes to the store and just sits on the main screen...  This is getting frustrating!!!! 

ALL I WANT IS A BATTERY FOR A HP ENVY 4T-1200 CTO!!!!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.