Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended

@neccros

I have brought your issue to the attention of an appropriate team within HP. They will likely request information from you in order to look up your case details or product serial number. Please look for a private message from an identified HP contact. Additionally, keep in mind not to publicly post personal information (serial numbers and case details). 

Thank you for visiting the HP Support Community.

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

OK... BTW, I ran the HP battery test again and it again said its good.... 

HP Recommended

@neccros

Glad to hear that battery test results are good,

Next, follow the below troubleshooting steps.

1. Go to Start, search for Device Manager, and open this result.

2. Expand batteries.

3. Right-click on the ACPI option (usually the 2nd option) and select delete or uninstall. Follow the prompts.

4. Shut down the computer. 

5. Disconnect the charger.

6. Remove the battery.

7. Hold down the power button for 1 minute.

8. Insert the battery only.

9. Attempt to turn the battery on.

laptop computer battery should last between one and two years or around approximently1,000 full charges. 

Note: if the battery is old consider replacing with a new battery for better battery life.

Hope this helps! Keep me posted for further assistance.
Please click “
Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

I have done all this already... Hence why I am frustrated and posting here.   

HP Recommended

@neccros

Thank you for posting back. 

I would request you to reach out to our Support and our Support Engineers should be able to check the available service options in order to diagnose the computer physically. HP Support can be reached by clicking on the following link: www.hp.com/contacthp/

Please feel free to contact us here anytime you need any further assistance. Please click Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

What happened to what you wrote here yesterday???

"I have brought your issue to the attention of an appropriate team within HP. They will likely request information from you in order to look up your case details or product serial number. Please look for a private message from an identified HP contact. Additionally, keep in mind not to publicly post personal information (serial numbers and case details). "

I need to buy a battery and dont want to buy some knock off crap from eBay/Amazon

HP Recommended

So HP support is useless... So where do you recommend I go to buy a battery???  Trying to avoid buying fakes, knock offs or used...

HP Recommended

Well I bought a battery from someone that claims its genuine.... opened up the laptop and installed it.... 

Charged very oddly... gets to a certain percentage and sits there still charging and never going back to "plugged in, not charging"    Finally I shut off the laptop and let it charge.  I turned it on later to check on it. 95%, still charging.  I let it get to 100%  but noticed in Win 7 the time remaining was only little over 2 hours.  This laptop when new gave me like 4-5 hours easily.

Decided to set up Win 10 on a new SSD I have. That locked up the first time, reinstalled it and locked up again in Win 10... then I let it recover and it finally worked... Not a good confidence booster when you are trying to diagnose an issue.  

Then watching the battery at 99% it registered over 7 hours left in win 10 but what was odd is every percentage it would drop it would lose almost 20-45 min of time remaining... then it finally settled at 6 hours and eventually got to 4 hours left but not real time.   Then all of a sudden, the charge light starts blinking orange and white then the laptop shuts off...   I end up switching back to the drive with my known working Win 7 install and boot it up and now the battery is registering at 49% full...  cant quite recall exact details but the lights started to flash again....

What makes NO sense is HP sells batteries when everyone's laptop works perfectly, then the second it doesn't, "Oh sorry we dont sell the battery anymore"  then we are stuck buying crap or fakes from the wild west of the internet.

Do I have a fake battery??  A bum battery??  help.....

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.