Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
Hp pavilion g4 1305 au
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)
Sir laptop properly shutdown but after one day when i start this it not start and charging notification led also off .ac adapter also connected currectly
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@Ravikant1, It's great to hear from you again.

I appreciate your efforts for trying out the steps.

As you mentioned when you shut down or turn off your laptop the charger stops charging your laptop.

Try updating the BIOS on your PC and check if it helps.

Please find the link to update the BIOS.

If the issue persists try checking with an alternate adapter.

I'll watch your reply!

Take Care! 🙂

A4Apollo
I am an HP Employee

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
HP Recommended

Hey there! @Ravikant1, Thanks for stopping by the HP Support Forums!

I understand you have issues charging your laptop.

Don't worry I'll try to help you out.

Did you make any software or hardware changes on your laptop?

Have you tried checking with a different adapter?

Check the adapter by connecting it to different wall outlets.

Check if the pin inside the DC port is bent or broken.

If a PC suddenly fails to boot properly, you should perform a hard reset as the first procedure.
Disconnect all peripheral devices and remove all USB devices and media cards. You want to test the computer, not the accessories!
Disconnect the AC power adapter, remove the battery, and then press and hold the power button for at least 15 seconds.
Reconnect the AC power adapter (but do not connect the battery), Press the Power button, Look for glowing LEDs near caps lock and num lock keys, and Listen for sounds of a disk drive and fan turning.

Refer this article to further troubleshoot no power issues.

I'll keep an eye out for your response.

I hope you have a great day!

Please click "Accept as Solution" if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the "Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say "Thanks" for helping!

A4Apollo
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended
Now without battery, not start pc, no capslock led and no power led but when connected battery it start all led on and also fan start for a 5 second
HP Recommended

As you mentioned without battery your PC will not turn on. 

Since the adapter is unable to charge the battery of your laptop and since the battery is drained completely.

You are unable to turn on your PC. I would suggest you check with an alternate adapter if you are able to power on your PC.

If you still have issues powering on your PC. It is a hardware issue with DC (Charing) port or system board. 

Please contact HP support for service options.

Link to contact HP.

Hope to hear from you soon!

Take Care! 🙂

A4Apollo
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended
Sir my laptop started but and charging is right but when shutdown /switch off my laptop charging will closed and notification of charging became off
HP Recommended

As you mentioned when you shut down or turn off your laptop the charger stops charging your laptop.

Try updating the BIOS on your PC and check if it helps.

Please find the link to update the BIOS.

If the issue persists try checking with an alternate adapter.

I'll watch your reply!

Take Care! 🙂

A4Apollo
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended
Now laptop work properly by your interaction bios update. so so thank you sir (good morning )
HP Recommended

I am happy to hear that your issue got resolved.

If you have any queries in future related to any HP products, you can always reach out to us.

We will try our best to help you out.

Take care,

Have a great day! 🙂

A4Apollo
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended
Sir after a day laptop only charging when it switch on. other hand it start once and second time it start when i remove battery and then connect battery
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.