Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
HP ENVY - 17-ae142ng
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Good evening,
I have an issue with my laptop (HP ENVY 17-ae142ng). In the first year after the purchase the chassis started to break near the right joint of the screen. Initially it was just a small problem, there only was a small space between the upper and the lower part of the chassis. But nearly three days ago, when I simply closed the screen, the space became a complete failure and the laptop nearly broke in two parts with the screen joint escaping from its location, as you can see from the images below.
It's important to highlight, as you can see that from images, that the laptop has always been treated with extreme care, almost like a relic. It has no single scratch. The problem arose from its normal use and it's probably due to a bad design of the chassis, too hard joints placed in a too soft environment.

I called the italian branch of the customer service and I asked for a reparation, since I'm still covered by warranty, but they refused to help me. It's quite an absurd treatment. If a company put on the market a flawed product I'd expect to be at least helped. Moreover this is a high end laptop and I'd expect a customer service of the same level. The risk of shipping a flawed product is on the shoulder of the company and the risk of a malfunction is already within the price.

I hope to receive a better service in this international service and see my rights respected.

IMG_4884.JPGIMG_4888.JPGIMG_4886.JPGIMG_4887.JPG

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@Tarquiscani 

You are right to believe there is no Community solution for this.

As well, we cannot speak for decisions made by HP Support.

That said,

• I will submit a request that someone take a look.

Worth Noting

• Our Community is not HP Technical Support.
  • Our request for assistance on your behalf does not influence the outcome:  Our request is not a magic back door into HP.
  • The time frame (how long it takes) for a response is not controlled by the Community.
  • If / When there is a response, a Community moderator / agent will (should) post back on this thread before using other methods to contact you. 

Note to those reading:

• Do not contact random numbers posted in a public or private message by “new members”.  Vermin are looking for victims – don’t be next.
  • Please do not post any personal or case information here - we cannot make use of the data. 
  • Posting personal information at a public site increases your risk from rats and scammers.

Thank you for participating in our HP Community .

We are a world community of volunteers dedicated to supporting HP technology.

Dragon-Fur

HP Recommended

Thank you for clarification and help.

I think it's really a shame that the customer service doesn't want to repair a product under warranty. Anyway it seems I found a solution with the seller (Amazon) that offered me a full refund. I only feel it's just a waste to throw away a fully functioning product that need only a small reparation. But that's just the way it is

HP Recommended

@Tarquiscani 

You are welcome.

Good that you found an easy solution.

Stay Safe.

Thank you for participating in our HP Community .

We are a world community of volunteers dedicated to supporting HP technology.

Dragon-Fur

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.