Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
HP Pavillion x360 14 (Model 6AR64EA)
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

The right side screen hinge on my duaghters laptop has 'exploded' away from the lid of this laptop - this happened when she was opening the lid to use it - not exactly a strenuous 'use case'. Of course the warranty expired in August, regardless i have read that people are being charged for a fix even if thier computers are in warranty.

A mounting mechanism of this type (3x 2mm screws into brittle plastic) for a laptop that is designed to have its screen folded over into tablet mode is completely unacceptable. It will very likely become a problem for ALL HP laptop owners of this design, i am sure there are many 1000's of them.

Time to do some proper engineering so that this doesnt happen any more HP.

What is your answer to those who are not willing to pay the 100's of dollars for the repair of a latent defect caused by poor design that occurs during use of the product in the manner it was advertised and sold to be used ?

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Came across this ******

Wow its being going on for YEARS !

HP Recommended

Hi @phil2608,

  

Welcome to the HP Support Community.  

As this is a hardware issue,

  

Please reach out to the HP Support in your region regarding this issue, they should be able to help. Refer to this User Guide for contact details.  

  

Have a great day!  

  

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. 

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping! 

HP Recommended

Thank you for your reply - although im not sure a guide realted to SSD problems is relevant.

Why did you remove the link to the class action lawsuit page ? (im sure its 'policy')

Anyway, anyone who wants to get more upset about HP and thier complete negligence in the case of self destructing laptops can google for this "hp hinges class action lawsuit". You will also find a facebook page where there are regular upset posters stating that thier $1000+ laptop hinges are breaking cases/screens.

The lawsuit is an old one but seems like HP did not listen and perhaps its time for a new one!

So.. HP Support Person - can you offer me a replacement HP Pavillion x360 convertible lid and hinge set to replace the latently defective one you had me purchase ?

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.