Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
HP Chromebook 14-db0000
Chrome OS

HP Chromebook 14-db0000

Product Number:  6VH79EA

Hi,

I purchased this Chromebook about 8 months ago, and now I'm having great difficulty charging it.  I have to gently move the adapter around ever so slightly and at different angles to get the amber charging light to appear.  Sometimes I have to do it for over 30 minutes and other times I just give up in frustration.   This big problem started very recently, but there were small charging problems in the past but they quickly resolved themselves.  Now it's just too much.

Does anyone have any suggestions on how I can get this problem solved once and for all?

I should state that I bought this item off of Amazon's German website, it was delivered to the Republic of Ireland and it is now being used in Thailand.

Any and all help would be greatly appreciated because I don't have any idea how to proceed.

Thanks very much.  🙂

If more info is needed, I'll be happy to supply it!

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@Toong-Tao Looks like an issue with the DC charging port, the connector is either lose or malfunctioning and I suggest you talk to HP support and discuss your options, follow the below steps to get started:

1) Click on this link - http://www.hp.com/contacthp/

2) Click on Sign-in or select the product using the below step:

3) Enter the serial of your device.

4) Select the country from the drop-down.

5) Click on "Show Options".

Fill the web-form, to populate a case number and phone number for yourself!

Also, if you are having trouble navigating through the above options, it's most likely because the device is out of warranty, if yes? please send me a private message with the region you are contacting us from, 

here's how private messages work: Click here for details.

P.S: Welcome to HP Community 😉

If you wish to thank me for my efforts, you could click on "Accept as solution" on my post as the solution should help others too.

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.