Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
Exemple : Pavillon 6530

Comment utiliser chacun des symboles sur les touches de mon clavier portable?

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hey @Kiwi25  !

Hope your doing fine! 🙂

Thank you for visiting our English HP Support Community. We are only able to reply to posts written in English. To insure a quick response it would be advisable to post your question in English.

Thank you for your understanding.

Regards.

I work on behalf of HP.
HP Support Community Moderator
HP Recommended

Thank you for your message!

I wanted to know how to properly use my keybord (in French), so to be able to use each symbol on every one of the buttons on my keyboard. I know how tu use the buttons with 1 or 2 characters, but I get lost when they have 3-4 and even 5 characters on the same touch...

Could you please help me!!

Thank you!!

HP Recommended

@Kiwi25 Welcome to HP Community!

I understand that you would like to use the keyboard language in french.

Please perform the below steps and check

Changing the keyboard language

After a language is on the language list, an appropriate input method is automatically added. You can add input methods in other languages or select a different keyboard layout.

1. In Windows, search for and open Typing settings.

2. On the Devices window, select Typing, and then select Advanced keyboard settings.

Selecting Advanced keyboard settings

3. On the Advanced keyboard settings window, select the language you want from the drop-down menu under Override default input method.

Selecting a language to use with the keyboard

4. To change the keyboard layout, search for and open Language settings.

5. On the Time & Language window, select a language, and then select Options.

Selecting Options to change the keyboard layout

6. Under Keyboards, click Add a keyboard, and then select a keyboard layout from the list.

Clicking Add a keyboard to select a keyboard layout

7. To switch between keyboard layouts, press the Windows  + SPACE BAR keys.

NOTE: 

Switching between keyboards only changes the language of the input. To change the display language for apps, settings, menus, and other areas in Windows, see the Changing the display language section in this document.

8. If you would like each app to utilize a specific keyboard, search for and open Advanced keyboard settings.

9. Under Switching input methods, select Let me use a different input method for each app window.

Selecting the option to allow each app to use a specific keyboard

Also, refer to the below link as well.

https://support.hp.com/in-en/document/c04769561

Keep us posted,

If you would like to thank us for our efforts to help you, 

Give us a virtual high-five by clicking the 'Thumbs Up' icon below, followed by clicking on the "Accept as solution" on this post, 

Have a great day!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.