Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
Pavillion 14-bk052sa
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi,   I'm looking to increase the SSD storage on this laptop but I have had problems with the PC not seeing the Drive.   I have used a WD Black PCIe 512 and a Samsung EVO 970 pro 512 - These are both NVMe M.2 (M versions).  They do fit the slot even though the original is a B type but when I try to install Windows 10 via USB I get an error that no drive can be found.  The original is a Sandisk SSD X600 SATA M.2 128gb  - Can anyone help on what is going wrong?  I've spoken to HP and they say to use the matching same model SSD but up to 256BG - When I asked about alternative males they said yes they should work but I have to refer to there website for setup, I've done this and still nothing.  There is nothin gwrong with the windows 10 setup USB , also the laptop has had the firmware and bios updated.    Can you help as I'm pulling my hair out!??

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi,

Your notebook only supports M2 SATA3 SSDs so the M2 PCIe NVMe will not work.

You can use an M2 SSD such as the M2 Samsung 860 Evo or similar of your desired capacity (no limit)

Page 2 of the service manual:

http://h10032.www1.hp.com/ctg/Manual/c05493089

Hope it helps,

David

Please click on thumbs up for thanks

Please click on accept as solution if answered your question

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Hi,

Your notebook only supports M2 SATA3 SSDs so the M2 PCIe NVMe will not work.

You can use an M2 SSD such as the M2 Samsung 860 Evo or similar of your desired capacity (no limit)

Page 2 of the service manual:

http://h10032.www1.hp.com/ctg/Manual/c05493089

Hope it helps,

David

Please click on thumbs up for thanks

Please click on accept as solution if answered your question

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.