Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
Pavilion 14-BA0008nf
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello Community, 

On my Pavilion x360 14-BA0xx  laptop, I might have broken an antenna connector on the WLAN card, which has 2 connectors.

The current card is an Intel H84811-002  /  3168NGW dual band Wifi-AC + BT 4.2

I may have missed the exact documentation for my laptop model, because what I read for WLAN modules in c06523509.pdf is 

• Realtek RTL8822BE 802.11ac 2 × 2 Wi-Fi + Bluetooth 4.2 924813-855
  • Realtek RTL8821CE 802.11ac 1 × 1 Wi-Fi + Bluetooth 4.2 L17365-005

I also found in this forum a reference to 

• Intel Dual Band Wireless-AC 7265 802.11AC 2x2 WiFi + BT 4.2 Combo Adapter (non-vPro) 901229-855

as a possible upgrade for better throuput

I have then 2 questions 

1. Why is there 2 antenna connectors on these cards, as right now only one is plugged and both BT and Wifi 5ghz and 2.4Ghz seem to work correctly ? Do I really require to fix this connector issue ?
  2. Can I upgrade to a 7265 or better (9461?) ? An other brand? Or should I stick with a 3168 replacement ?

Thanks

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.