Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
HP Pavilion - 14-ce3504na
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)
In brief  - Who do I contact to escalate this complaint?
HP Pavilion 14-ce3504na Laptop purchased in the UK

Hello
I am having trouble with best2serve regarding the repair of my laptop.
They are stating there needs to be a proof of a manufacturing fault before they will consider a repair (despite me raising the issue with Currys PC World well within 12 months of purchase).

The fault with the laptop (HP Pavilion 14-ce3504na) in my experience has been a faulty hinge attaching the monitor to the keyboard - this started as the frame/casing separating itself from the LCD screen clips, this deteriorated over a short time and has now culminated in the casing separating completely from the monitor (on the right hand corner and side). This defect has now led to a black bar/failure of the display from top to bottom, cracking the LCD screen.

I purchased the laptop in January 2020. In September 2020 I brought it into Tech support at Currys as the HDMI was not working correctly with an old TV - the issue with the screen/hinge was present at the time; the advisor said they could send off the machine to get the screen casing repaired at that time which would take around 2 weeks or longer (covid restrictions effecting timescale).
I required my laptop for work until November so was unable to go without it as no accurate timescale was available.
When the shops closed at Christmas for another lockdown, I extended my warranty so my cover would extend until they reopened. I could then get it repaired when everything opened up again, I was advised there would be no issues with this by Currys PC World customer service.
The screen display has now become unusable - due to call volumes and the sheer disarray caused by the pandemic, there is no written proof of my exchange with Currys Customer Service (over the phone) or even with Tech Support (in store). Everyone told me this could be sorted when the stores reopen and I had nothing to worry about. 

The retailer is unable to assist at this time as the warranty is held with Best 2 Serve - who in turn refuse to honor the extended warranty as this supposedly falls outside their criteria - despite the retailer assuring me it would be resolved without any of this ridiculous level of stress, false statements and inconvenience.

I appreciate any advice offered at this time.

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

Hey @_AnneMarie_ ,

Thanks for reaching out!

I've escalated your case to an appropriate team within HP.

Soon you'll be contacted by one of our agents, via private message, to collect some more information about the issue you are facing.

Regards,

MatheusH

I work on behalf of HP.
HP Support Community Moderator
HP Recommended

I have not been contacted yet. Who should I be hearing from and how will I know if they are a spam account?

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.