Did you mean: 
2 0 0 0
Message 1 of 1
Flag Post

Computer hangs once per minute

HP Recommended
HP Spectre x360 13-ae0xx
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Once per minute explorer.exe shows a spike in cpu utilization and computer hangs.  The length of time it hangs varies but appears to increase with the length of time the computer is in use.  A graphical clock app shows this happens when the second hand hits 12.

Windows 10 Home version 2004 OS build 19041.685

HP Spectre x360 Convertible 13-ae0xx, 16gb RAM, i7

• There were no changes to the computer that I know of before this started happening. 
  • I have poked around in the various logs in the Event viewer but have not seen anything recorded on the minute.  
  • BIOS updating did not affect it.
  • An additional observation - There is an increase in the time it hangs with time of use of image related programs, for example editing images or viewing images in a slideshow.  If the program is closed and reopened the time of hang decreases to minimal.
  • Video and audio are not affected during the hang, but some apps show a visible repainting of certain sections/windows,  with a blink or ripple effect.
  • Keyboard and mouse input are interrupted during the hang.
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation