07-13-2012 12:46 PM
My HP Pavilion Entertainment dv5-1253dx will not hold a charge but It can support itself with the power cord plugged in. I've tried rebooting, pulling the battery off and updating software, but when i try to update it tells me windows cannot check for updates.
07-13-2012 12:48 PM
Download and run the stand-alone battery test utility available on the page below and see if this reports any problems with your battery.
****Click the White thumb to say thanks****
****Please mark Accept As Solution if it solves your problem****
****I don't work for HP****
Windows Insider MVP
- HP Notebook PCs - Reducing Heat Inside the PC to Prevent Overheating
- HP Notebook PCs - Computer Does Not Start and Emits an LED or Beep Code
- HP Notebook PCs - How to Power Reset your Laptop
- HP PCs - Computer Is Slow (Windows 10)
- HP Notebook PCs - Troubleshooting No LED Lights Glow During Startup or Boot