Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
HP Pavilion x360
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I'm trying to connect two external monitors to my Pavilion x360 through a Displaylink Pluggable USB-C . I cannot get it to detect the second screen, only my laptop screen and first monitor. I know I have things hooked up appropiately for the monitors because I can plug my work Dell laptop in with the USB-C connection and both monitors are available with that. Not sure what I need to do with the HP to make it work.

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

@dk131
Thank you for posting on the HP Support Community.

I see that your experiencing difficulties setting up dual monitor with the HP Pavilion X360 notebook.

Don't worry as I'll be glad to help, however, to provide an accurate resolution, I need a few more details:

• When was the last time it worked fine? is this first-time setup?
  • Did this happen after a recent window or software update?

If you wish to use more than 1 external monitor the currently available option is to use DisplayLink certified USB port replicator. There are many around. Please look at the following information: Click here

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Thank you for responding. This is a first-time setup for hte HP Pavillion. However, I am able to use my work laptop here and both monitors work fine. I am using Display Link Plug and Display.

HP Recommended

@dk131

Thank you for posting back.

Glad to hear that the issue is resolved. If you need any help, feel free to reach out to us.

Have a great day!

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Unfortunately, it has not resolved. I still can’t get the second monitor to show up with the HP pavilion laptop. It works fine with my dell work laptop. It just doesn’t work with HP.

HP Recommended

@dk131

Try this YouTube video link "How Set Multiple Monitors to a Laptop"  and Setting up a multi-screen display in Windows 10

Hope this helps! Keep me posted for further assistance.

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.