Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
Elite X2
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I would like to connect two HP E202 monitors to the USB-C docking station for use with an Elite X2 computer. I see on HDMI connections and am not certain how to connect the second monitor. Can it be done, and if so what type of cable is needed?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi,

I think it has DisplayLink sticker or DisplayLink Certified that means you can connect 2 monitors at the same time. It has DP port (6) and HDMI port (5) and you can use both

usbc dock.png

Side note: From your image, the dock price is US$149.00 + tax (says 7.5%) = around AU$210 but HP in Australia sells for AU$329

usbc dock2.png

Amazing ! AU$100 more for HP Australia for a same product. May be HP has to ship the product from China to the US first then send first class air to Australia.

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

Hi,

What is the model/product of the dock ? Does it support TWO monitors ?

Regards.

BH
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

HP Recommended

The website indicates it suports multiple

The Model is X7W54AA#ABA

here is a screenshot

5-7-2017 6-27-44 PM.png

HP Recommended

Hi,

I think it has DisplayLink sticker or DisplayLink Certified that means you can connect 2 monitors at the same time. It has DP port (6) and HDMI port (5) and you can use both

usbc dock.png

Side note: From your image, the dock price is US$149.00 + tax (says 7.5%) = around AU$210 but HP in Australia sells for AU$329

usbc dock2.png

Amazing ! AU$100 more for HP Australia for a same product. May be HP has to ship the product from China to the US first then send first class air to Australia.

Regards.

BH

HP Recommended

Hello, I have an Elite X2 and the USB-C Docking station, I have a monitor connected into each port you show in the figure.

DP to DP works just fine, I have a DP to HDMI cable connecting the second monitor, it will not detect that monitor. I cannot get it to show 2 external displays.

Any help would be appreciated.

HP Recommended

For anyone having Want300's issue above:  The problem is that HDMI to DisplayPort conversion needs an active adapter, which the HP USB-C-Dock does not have. 

I solved the problem by getting a new model of HP USB-C dock which has 2 DisplayPort adapters. 

If you cannot  get that hardware, you can try using a HDMI to DVI cable to connect your monitor (If the monitor supports DVI). HDMI "should" be compatible to DVI without the active adapter.

HP Recommended

Hi there! I have an EliteBook and just got a brand new USB-C G4 dock.

It has two DP ports, but the display isn't working. The Dock is definitely on and the mouse works when hooked up to it but I can't get either monitor to display anything when hooked up to the dock. I've tested both by hooking them each directly to the laptop and the monitors themselves are working just fine (both HP.)

Do I need some sort of adapter to get the display to work? Or is there an easier fix?

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.