Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

Hello! I have a hp 620 notebook with hdmi port and i've tried to connect it to my Samsung series 5 Tv using a hdmi cable but it didn't work. I've changed my laptop settings and did everything except that i didn't use the Tv as the primary monitor in "Display properties" because i was afraid it wouldn't work anyway and I would loose even the laptop's image.

Please give me any tips you think that would work.

10 REPLIES 10
HP Recommended

Have you tried tapping FN and F4 key to transfer image to TV?

Your User Guide is HERE

**Click Accept as Solution on a Reply that solves your issue**
***Click the "YES" button if you think this response was helpful.***

HP Recommended

I have the same/similar problem with my 620.

Connecting with my Samsung TV or my LG TV works with the screen in 1920, but audio stays on the laptop. The idt audio utility shows hdmi as long as I did not use it as not connected. Great!

Pluging in the cable and the utility did not longer show hdmi, hdmi icons and hdmi slider after restart. Until restart of the utility everything stays on the screen, but did not work.

The same cable and the same tv-sets work immediately without making any settings with my acer laptop, which has a intel chipset too. Both cables and monitors must be ok.

Did I have a defective port or is it a driver problem?

HP Recommended
HP Recommended

thx, but not relevant to my problem.

I know how to connect

I have a 1.4 HDMI Gold cable

The hdmi disapears after connecting

HP Recommended

You need to explain your problem in more detail.

HP Recommended

You should read the details if you can

HP Recommended

i have a hp 620 notebook laptop...i connect it with a samsung tv and is working but the audio is from my laptop...what i must to do to hear the audio from tv???i have intel graphics...please reply....

HP Recommended

@giorgosgeorgiou wrote:

i have a hp 620 notebook laptop...i connect it with a samsung tv and is working but the audio is from my laptop...what i must to do to hear the audio from tv???i have intel graphics...please reply....

Scroll up and click the link I posted

HP Recommended

I  have tried the FN and F4 key also but to no avail.

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.