Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
HP Roar Bluetooth Speaker
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Anyone knows how to get my HP Roar Bluetooth speaker to pair with my DELL Inspiron 15 (Series 5559) laptop (Windows 10, 64-bit)?  I keep getting connection failure messages.  I had no problem pairing the speaker with my iPhone 6 Plus.  Both units (HP speaker and DELL laptop) are only months old and under warranty, yet both HP and DELL are offering only fee-based tech support for this problem, which I refuse to accept.  I visited the DELL support web site, hoping to download an appropriate driver, but found no option for Bluetooth.

Note that, in Device Manager, under Bluetooth, nowhere does the name DELL appear among drivers.  All I see there are:

• Bluetooth LE General Attribute Service
  • Bluetooth Mouse 3600 (a Microsoft device, paired)
  • Intel® Wireless Bluetooth®
  • Microsoft Bluetooth Enumerator
  • Microsoft Bluetooth LE Enumerator

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

clei

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi@clei,

Thanks for the reply.

Please remember, you can surely reach out HP Forums any time for any assistance for your HP Product.

Cheers

Resolv_S

Glad to help you. I work for HP

Please click Accept as Solution if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click the Kudos Thumbs Up" to say “Thanks” for helping!

Resolv_S
I work on behalf of HP

If you found this post helpful, you can let others know by clicking the Accept as Solution button. You can also show your appreciation, with a kudos, by clicking the Thumbs up" button!

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10
HP Recommended

Hi @clei,

Welcome to HP Forums.

To have the best experience on HP forum, visit our HP Forums Guide to know more.

I completely understand the reason for the issue/query.

I will be more than glad to assist you with your query. Let’s try to fix the issue by working together.

I suggest you try the steps from the link below and check if you can configure the speakers for your PC.

http://hp.care/2cPthtz

Let me know how it goes.

Resolv_S

Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click the “Kudos Thumbs Up" to say “Thanks” for helping!

Resolv_S
I work on behalf of HP

If you found this post helpful, you can let others know by clicking the Accept as Solution button. You can also show your appreciation, with a kudos, by clicking the Thumbs up" button!

HP Recommended

Hello Resolv_S,

Thanks for trying to help, but that link seems to only provide the basic HP user guide for the Roar speaker, all of which I have already followed without success.   The only part of that information that's workable is the direct connection via audio cable, and I don't care to use that method.  What I need is technical guidance to resolve the wireless/Bluetooth connection failures -- Roar speaker to my DELL laptop.

Thanks again.

clei

HP Recommended

Need to know if your Dell laptop has a Bluetooth connectivity option as well. As some manufacturers won't provide Bluetooth for certain models.

Let me know for more.

Resolv_S
I work on behalf of HP

HP Recommended

Response to Resolv_S

9-22-16

Absolutely, my DELL laptop has bluetooth connectivity -- I'm using a Microsoft bluetooth mouse woth it.

clei

HP Recommended

Hi @clei,

Thanks for responding.

Blue tooth network is a one - to one network unlike wireless networks used for the internet.

It will allow only one device connections at a time. Since you have connected the Bluetooth mouse, the connection request from the speaker is being blocked.

Try disconnecting the Bluetooth mouse and set up the speakers. It will definitely work.

Let me know for more.

Resolv_S

Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Resolv_S
I work on behalf of HP

HP Recommended

Thanks for explaining more about Bluetooth technology, Resolv_S.   I'll disconnect the mouse and attempt to pair the Roar to the DELL.  I'll let you know.

clei

HP Recommended

Hi @Roween,

Did the solution work?

Eager to know if we were able to fix the issue on your PC.

Please do reply for further support.

Cheers.

Resolv_S

Resolv_S
I work on behalf of HP

HP Recommended

I haven't tried it yet -- wiil let you know as soon as I do.  It seems strange that the speaker documentation would neglect to point out problems when trying to pair it with a source that's already paired with another device (my mouse).

clei

HP Recommended

Hi@clei,

Thanks for the reply.

Please remember, you can surely reach out HP Forums any time for any assistance for your HP Product.

Cheers

Resolv_S

Please click Accept as Solution if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click the Kudos Thumbs Up" to say “Thanks” for helping!

Resolv_S
I work on behalf of HP

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.