Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
Omen 16
Microsoft Windows 11

Just how long am I supposed to wait on an order that is supposed to be 'delivered within 2 days'? I placed an order for an Omen 16 on 5th April. On the 8th April I phoned to enquire about it as the status was still 'Processing' and the rep told me he would raise a query about it. On the 12th April I phoned again and was told that a 'glitch' had stalled the order and it was something to do with the Care Pack, but the issue had been resolved on the 11th April. On the 19th April I phoned again and was told that it would be dispatched by the end of the day. Today, the 21st, I phoned again, as it is still sitting at 'Processing' and was told that it should be dispatched today or tomorrow.

I had tried phoning on the 15th, but here in the UK they decided to shut down the entire company, so I tried sending a message on Facebook, but couldn't provide my order number as it was a public post (their AI Facebook messaging system asks for lots of information, tells you to wait for a 'live agent' and 24 hours later says they are closing the query as I didn't respond). The HP person said to send a DM on Twitter and he would look at it, which is what I proceeded to do. After two hours the response I got on Twitter was that they only dealt with 'support issues'. Even their CEO contact page doesn't work as I tried that as well.

Over a thousand pound out of pocket and now because of their continued delays, all the other laptops I had considered have increased in price, including the Omen 16.

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hi@steamship,

Welcome to the HP Support Community! I'd like to help!

I see you are trying to track the order on the Omen. I apologize for the Inconvenience. Going forward, we are going to take steps to ensure that this situation does not happen again. 

As we have limited support boundaries in the support community as of now. I would request you to contact our HP Support Engineers and should be able to sort this out. 

Please reach out to the HP Technical Support team in your region regarding the service/replacement options.

Click on this link - https://support.hp.com/us-en/contact-hp

For any hardware issue or repair please click on the link Phone Assist Worldwide

Hope this helps! Keep me posted. 

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click on the YES button to reply that the response was helpful and/or to say “Thank You”.

Have a great day!

HP Recommended

A typical generic response which doesn't deal with the issue raised, and in fact shows that you didn't even read the issue I raised in the first place, as I have repeatedly contacted HP (twice per week) to try and have the issue resolved.

Since my original post on the 21st, I checked the status of the order several hours after phoning HP that day and the status had changed to 'Packing', however the Packing date was shown as 5th April, which is when I originally placed the order. I phoned again yesterday (26th April) and was again told that it would be getting sent out that day. That's twice I've been told it's getting sent out that day, and yet here we are on the 27th April and the status is still showing as 'Packing'!

HP Recommended

Just as a follow-up to my last post. The laptop finally arrived on the 28th April, 23 days after placing the order. Ironically, my order on the HP site still reads as 'Out for Delivery'. Spent three hours letting Windows Update do its thing, and then got a message saying that the Radeon software wouldn't run because the software and drivers were different versions. A Google search pointed me to the AMD site where I had to download their software, in order to get it working properly. I sincerely hope this isn't a sign of what Windows 11 will bring, as I've never experienced as much trouble with Windows 7, 8 or 10. As for the laptop itself, I don't like the trackpad with it's inbuilt buttons, as clicking at the extreme bottom left corner gets me the 'right click' menu. The trackpad also seems to have no reaction whatsoever at times in the middle of it when trying to click and scroll.

Oh yes, almost forgot. Nowhere does it say anywhere to fully charge the battery, because if you don't, every time it starts it gives a warning about it being too cold! The battery was around 55% when I first started it. I started charging it the next day but decided to use it on battery (not 100%) and was still getting the 'too cold' message. Even tried the diagnostic tests which just failed doing the battery test. Shut it down and plugged it in and left it for a couple of hours, and now no more error message.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.