nurselizstar
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post

Continued Warranty Dispute and Beleaguered Customer

HP Recommended
HP Notebook 15-dy1731ms
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I really am at the end of my rope trying to get this resolved. I have opened 3 cases for warranty dispute and each time I go to check on “progress”, the case is closed, no resolution, and no input or response from HP. Yesterday was exactly the same when I went to check progress...opened the window and boom...case closed!! I don't get it! I bought the HP Notebook new from Amazon on October 15, 2020. A couple of months later I received the dreaded red checkmark from HP Support Assistant stating the warranty was expired! How could that be, I just bought it. Evidently the seller had this sitting on his shelf for over a year and sold it as new to me through Amazon. I contacted the seller with no response. I contacted Amazon who would gladly give me a warranty, IF they had such a thing, but they don't. As it was, they gave me a $35 promotional credit to buy a warranty from someone else. Here's the catch, the warranty had to be sold and serviced by Amazon, and like I said, they don't have anything. So, according to HP policy, the warranty is effective on the day I purchased the item, which was 10/15/20. They have not responded or remedied this situation and frankly, I think they are going to make me wait until “MY” year is up and force me to buy the HP care pack because the warranty will REALLY be expired! Please, all I want is to have HP recognize that I am within the boundaries and following HP's own policy. I am looking for guidance of how to proceed and open a 4th, and hopefully last case!! Please, give this old lady some slack!! 

1 REPLY 1
The_Fossette
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
29,155 29,140 1,944 2,571
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@nurselizstar

Welcome to the HP Support Community. 

Please look for a private message from me requesting additional information. Keep in mind not to publicly post personal information (serial numbers and case details).

If you are unfamiliar with how the Community's private message capability works, you can learn about that here.

Thank you for visiting the HP Support Community.

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation