Did you mean: 
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 1
Flag Post

Corner of Laptop Screen Popping Out and/or Broken Hinge

HP Recommended
HP EliteBook x360 1030 G3 Notebook PC
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

TLDR; I think my laptop hinge or corner of my screen has broken on its own accord. How do I get it fixed?

This morning when I opened my laptop, I heard some clicking sounds and found:
1. The bottom right corner of my screen had popped out slightly.
2. The right hinge wasn't level with the left hinge.
3. The bottom right corner of my screen is slightly discoloured and has tiny bubbles.
4. I can't move my screen over 120 degrees because my screen bends so much that I fear that it'll break.

Yesterday, my laptop was fine (I could bend and close it perfectly ).
My laptop NEVER leaves my desk unless I need to print something (which is rarely). I honestly haven't been rough with it or done anything that might cause this to happen. Certainly nothing to warrant the screen to come apart. I can't believe it's broken!

I know my 3 year warranty period hasn't ended yet. How can I get this issue fixed ASAP? I'm starting uni next month and I can't be using a faulty laptop. I also can not afford to buy a new laptop right now. I'm quite desperate. Please help me.

Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation