Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I have a number of 2570P computers, the top 2 with core i7 CPUs at 2.9 GHz. I am setting up a third with a Core i5 also at 2.9 GHz. Should I get 1.5 volt RAM or 1.35 volt RAM, or does it even matter? Should I use 1333 or 1600 MHz RAM? I also have another one that may have problems, but it is running a Core i5 at 2.5 GHz. I really like these computers for my small Publishing (cpubfl.com) and tee shirt business (crtease.com/collections). They are cheap to buy these days, parts are readily available and cheap, and the performance is great, running 256 gig SSDs.

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Hi:

I have already answered your question at the link below...you would want the 1600 MHz memory as that is what the specs call for.

The Intel 3rd generation core processors run the memory at 1600 MHz, so installing 1333 MHz memory would slow things down.  It would work, but you wouldn't want to slow things down.

https://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/voltage-for-memory-2570P/m-p/7...

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.