Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
HP 15-BS048NM

So, I got as a gift solid office laptop with broken display. That problem aside(ordered new one already) I need a new power adapter as well. But the problem is, I keep finding different information on which is the proper power spec for this model of laptop : HP 15-BS048NM

So far I found these combinations :

1. 19.5v 3.31A 45w

2. 19.5v 2.31A 45w

3. 19.5v 2.31A 65w

And also I found one guy claiming the original adapter for this model is the 90w one but I havent find any seller for a 90w one anywhere.

And I do have discrete graphics as well, so I reckon it should be the one with more watts, but I'm not sure.

Can someone tell me what were the factory original specifications for this laptop charger?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

It was originally delivered in the box with a 65w adapter. 90w would also work. 

HP Smart AC adapter (4.5 mm, non-PFC)
90-W 710413-001
65-W 710412-001

Netzteil AC Adapter Original HP PPP009D 709985-003 710412-001 | eBay

Post back with any more questions and please accept as solution if this is the info you needed. 

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

It was originally delivered in the box with a 65w adapter. 90w would also work. 

HP Smart AC adapter (4.5 mm, non-PFC)
90-W 710413-001
65-W 710412-001

Netzteil AC Adapter Original HP PPP009D 709985-003 710412-001 | eBay

Post back with any more questions and please accept as solution if this is the info you needed. 

HP Recommended

First of all, thanks for the precise and fast answer!

If I'm not mistaken, the one with 65w would have these specs like an original adapter that comes with the laptop : 19.5V 3.33A 65W ?

Im asking because I found I good deal in my local store, for the 65w 19.5V but 3.42A not 3.33A. Would that little bit more amps be a problem?

HP Recommended

Use only the HP Part number charger or a compatible charger specifically the same specs as the HP. No substitutes. 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.