Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
Compaq presario cq43-409tu
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)
Can my compaq presario cq43-409tu upgrade the cpu? My cpu is intel celeron b815 Thank you
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

I think either we are communicating in the wrong language or you are just messing with me. The answer has been given. Good luck. 

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

See p. 20 of the Service Manual here:

Manual 

The motherboard only supports Celeron CPUs so there is no worthwhile upgrade you could do without replacing the whole motherboard. If you really want to make a project of it a better motherboard and processor for that model could likely be found for not very much money but the laptop is still just about obsolete at this point. 

HP Recommended
Can i upgrade my laptop in i5 2450m
HP Recommended

Only by replacing the motherboard. 

System board for use only with computer models equipped with an Intel Core i5 or i3
processor and a graphics subsystem with discrete video memory
646179-001

HP Recommended
Thank you What type of motherboard can i replace?
HP Recommended

I think either we are communicating in the wrong language or you are just messing with me. The answer has been given. Good luck. 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.