Post new question
Question

Honor Student
Message 1 of 3 (122 Views)

Cpu upgrade of notebook

Product Name: Hp Notebook 14-ac102ni
Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)
I want to know if i can upgrade my notebook processor because it is very slow it is only 1.6 GHz and i dont find any worthy answers on the Internet if anyone knows if i am able to do so and to what processer i can upgrade it to please let me know my current processor is intel celeron N3050 PLEASE I HAVE HAD ENOUGH WITH THE SLOW THING
0 Kudos
Provost
Message 2 of 3 (100 Views)

Re: Cpu upgrade of notebook

The answer is No. Here is the Manual:

Manual

See page 18. The system boards include the CPU so the processors are soldered to the motherboard. And in your case it is even worse. The memory is soldered on, too so you cannot upgrade from 2 gigs of RAM. 

In your case, the laptop is more like a cell phone and not any faster. All the parts are soldered on the main board. 

We get a lot of these posts. These low-powered laptops are sold at an attractive price and they look just like a "real" laptop so a lot of them are sold. If it seems too good to be true it is. Sell that laptop or give it to your least favorite nephew for Christmas and buy something that has at least an Intel i3 processor. It will cost an honest price but is going to be worth it. 

Honor Student
Message 3 of 3 (95 Views)

Re: Cpu upgrade of notebook

Thank you for your help i appreciate it
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation