Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
HP 17z
Microsoft Windows 10 (32-bit)

Laptop case cracked near the hinge. HP says it will cost at least $400 to repair. Laptop is only 15 months old - is that the typical lifespan for HP? 

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Hi @grnyc

Welcome to the HP Support Community. 

I understand you need assistance and I’d love to help.

However, we encourage our customers to create a public post so that the conversation may help other community members find a similar solution. Hence, I would request you to create a public post with the same query, so that you may get your answers from the various members we have in our community forums at HP.

If you have already created a public post, please send me the link. 

To learn how to use the HP Support Community, refer to this post.

It’s been a pleasure interacting with you.

Have a good day ahead.

Asmita
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.