cancel
Amonsta5 Student
Student
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 8
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Cracked screen case and broken hinge on HP envy m6 laptop

The left hinge casing on my laptop came off and was lost, and the black, plastic case for the screen is cracked and seperates from the screen when closing and opening the laptop. If there is a fix, I need it to be done quickly (I will pay for expedited shipping). I'm not sure if I have a warrantee on the laptop, it was a gift. The laptop is an envy m6. Any help would be appreciated.

7 REPLIES 7
Retired
Retired
14461 13421 712 1901
Message 2 of 8
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi @Amonsta5 

I just sent you a private message. If you are not sure how to check your forum messages,  this post has instructions.

Sparkles1

0 Kudos
Owonwo Honor Student
Honor Student
2 1 0 0
Message 3 of 8
Flag Post
HP Recommended

My Right Hinge is also Broken, am lucky it didnt affect my screen and am searching for a New Case on google and e-commerce sites, but no luck with that can you help me ?

my Model Is HP Envy M6 

0 Kudos
Tags (1)
Retired Omar-E
Retired
10015 6655 119 419
Message 4 of 8
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@Owonwo

‎Thank you for using HP Support Forum. I have brought your issue to the appropriate team within HP. They will likely request information from you in order to look up your case details or product serial number. Please look for a private message from an identified HP contact. Additionally, keep in mind not to publicly post ( serial numbers and case details).

If you are unfamiliar with the Forum's private messaging please click here to learn more.

Thank you,
Omar

I Work for HP
0 Kudos
wgdillon Honor Student
Honor Student
2 1 0 0
Message 5 of 8
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I am a very very disappointed HP customer!

I have a HP M6 1248ca.  Due to the poor quality of this machine I need expensive repairs. 

Like all of the others I am reading about I need a new case. I also need a NEW LCD SCREEN because it got damaged when your cheap plastic broke. Oh and if that were not enough  I need screws to hold in the screen and more screws to hold the case to the hinges because they fell out when the plastic started to break. Lastly a new plastic bezel - it too is cracked ans separated from the screen.

If I can find the parts it will likely cost $200 to $300 in parts and another $300 min for labour to fix this ridiculous design problem of yours. As you might image I will not be doing that as it all likelihood something else will break on this HP computer.

Basically I need a whole new LCD top and wiring. The wiring was damaged by the cracked lid.

I'm very disappointed in the design of the LCD screen case. It is a v ery poor design as the hinges  put stress on  a section of the lid that is glued versus solid piece of plastic. Why would seemingly bright intelligent designers do this? This  piece separated from the larger pierce of the lid and the lid starting closing crooked. This added stress damaged the LCD screen, the plastic holiding the hinges, the wiring and the plastic bezel.

I was a loyal HP fan. My wife, my 2 daughters at university andmyself all have HP laptops. Over the recent years we have purchased 8.  I will no longer buy any HP computers because your company cannot be trusted to supply a reliable computer. What a profound waste of $1,000

Why would you stick us with such a poor quality computer?

Why do we have to pay for your mistakes?

Why did I ever decide to trust your company to provide a quality computer?

What do you propose to fix this?

Wayne

0 Kudos
198731 Honor Student
Honor Student
2 2 0 0
Message 6 of 8
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I bought hp envy m6 laptop but the unfortunate thing is that my screen's case has spoiled which I think shouldn't be the case. The design for the lid is not good at all. Please I want to know of i could get a,replacement. Am from Ghana.
0 Kudos
Dannypacheco23 Honor Student
Honor Student
2 2 0 0
Message 7 of 8
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hello, I am in the same situation as the others. The left hinge has cracked the bottom enclosure of my m6 envy laptop. Now my screen shuts down at certain angles. I was looking for a solution. Thank you

0 Kudos
Dannypacheco23 Honor Student
Honor Student
2 2 0 0
Message 8 of 8
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hello, I am in the same situation as the others. The left hinge has cracked the bottom enclosure of my m6 envy laptop. Now my screen shuts down at certain angles. I was looking for a solution. Thank you

0 Kudos
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation