Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
HP Spectre x360 - 13-ac003na
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I dropped my laptop the other day and the screen now has many cracks on it. You can still use the laptop as the screen words, but the glass is shattered. So, I have unplugged the battery, removed the display and have all my parts laying on my desk.

My problem is I am not 100% confident on what display panel to order and from whom. I have two gold coloured connectors, and not the black ones. Since I am based in the UK, perhaps my options are more limited.
Some questions come to mind:

- Would you order from a UK supplier or somewhere like AliExpress (although delivery would be very slow)?

- How do you know the quality of the display panel? My limited understanding is there are several grades, and an A+ panel would have no dead pixels etc.

- How do I know which display panels are compatible with 13-ac003na? I see some adverts where they mention HP 13-ac000 touch screen. Does that mean it would be compatible with my model number?

- I could only find vendors on eBay in the UK. Not sure if they are a good choice?

Thanks.

10 REPLIES 10
HP Recommended

The best way to get the correct  part number would be to use the HP PartSurfer.

https://partsurfer.hp.com/partsurfer/

Use the serial number in the search box. Every part in the parts list is compatible with your specific notebook.

Vendors in eBay the UK are fine. Just make sure that you purchase from one that provides a warranty for the part you purchase.

eBay guarantees that you will get the part you ordered and will make it right if things between a seller and vendor do not go as they should.

I would not have said that ten years ago. The eBay business model has  definitely changed for the better.

I am a volunteer forum member, not an HP employee. If my suggestion solved your issue, don't forget to mark that post as the accepted solution. If you want to say thanks, click on the Yes button next to the "was this reply helpful?"

HP Recommended

Agree with @erico but will just add in you can reliably use the screen manufacturer part number to search eBay for compatible screens. If you can post a picture of the label on the back of the display we can likely find you a good match

HP Recommended

Thanks for the help. I have attached 3 photos of the back of the screen.

hp display right label small.jpghp display left label small.jpghp display back small.jpg

HP Recommended

Thanks for the images, but have you trued the PartSurfer using the serial number of your notebook?

Ok. I did get results using one of the numbers in the images with N133HCE-GP1 Rev.C4 as the keyword. I zound no results by searching with the other groups of alphanumeric characters.

I would still try the PartSurfer to verify it.  I would make sure that the pincount and display features are precisely the same as what your notebook has before pulling the trigger on the purchase. I recommend using eBay. At least there you will have recourse if the right product does not arrive. If you order from China, well, maybe it will come, but if it does not you are, simply put, out of pocket.  Make sure the keyword is exactly as I put it above and it is the C4 revision and that it is  a touch screen. The specs on the screen need to be : 33.8 cm (13.3") diagonal FHD IPS BrightView WLED-backlit multitouch-enabled edge-to-edge glass (1920 x 1080)

Contacting a vendor and using the information on the images you provided would not be a bad plan. I have purchased displays to fix issues such as yours. I know from my own experience that it is a difficult thing to get the order right.

https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=N133HCE-GP1+Rev.C4&source=hp&ei=m2X2YuO3A9SR8gLFz4bQBw&iflsig=AJiK...

I am a volunteer forum member, not an HP employee. If my suggestion solved your issue, don't forget to mark that post as the accepted solution. If you want to say thanks, click on the Yes button next to the "was this reply helpful?"

HP Recommended

My search using what I think is the serial number is as follows:

https://partsurfer.hp.com/partsurfer?searchtext=5CD711C9SG

But I am not sure which part refers to the screen. Perhaps this line maybe? 

PNL,13.3 FHD BV UWVA 72% 300n USLIM, INX

HP Recommended

Thanks.

Yes. Usually the information is more readable.

That is the display, but unfortunately nothing in the UK pops up in the search. 

In my previous post I have hopefully provided information that will help you search and get  the order right the first time. I lost some Euros the first time I ordered one from China. 

If you do not already know someone in the PC or laptop repair business, I suggest  going to a shop and having them order it for you.

HP Recommended

I found this screen, which looks like they might be compatible with model 13-ac003na, which is mine.

This one says HP 13-ac000. But I am not sure if ac000 means any model that begins with ac. i.e. do they all use the same screen?

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/265414208533?epid=19044833121&hash=item3dcbeb6c15:g:qbEAAOSwH9BiGL10

Would you risk buying something like that?

HP Recommended

According to page 16 of the Service Manual:

Manual 

That is the correct part number for the 1920 x 1080 touchscreen in a natural silver case for your model series. The designation 13-ac000 means it will work with any model in that series, which yours is. Can't speak for the seller, but on paper, this looks like your part if the plastics color is right and even if not you could swap this screen into your housing. 

HP Recommended

Not sure what you mean by natural silver case. My laptop has gold trim. Do you mean this is for silver trim models?

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.