09-21-2019 05:41 AM
My laptop is a HP 14-BP060SA. I bought this laptop a few years ago and was disappointed with the performance since the day I bought it! 2 years later, I am determined to make it usable so I decided to upgrade the RAM and and hard drive to a SSD. I thought that I had found all the parts I needed and installed a 1T Samsung EVO drive and 2x 8GB DDR4-2400 Crucial RAM. The system worked perfectly! I was so happy that I was able to install it myself.
Then one day the screen went blank. I could see that the computer was starting as the fan was going and the lights were blinking but nothing from the screen. I did some research and tried installing back my old RAM. Luckily, it works now!
Question is, why is my new RAM not working? I would think that it is compatible because it did work at some point. I was able to play games and run Photoshop. Could the RAM be faulty or do I need to make system adjustments to make the new RAM work? I really want to use this RAM and have the computer faster. Any suggestions would be helpful!
09-23-2019 12:31 PM
Thank you for posting on the HP Support Community.
- Did this happen after a recent window or software update?
- Did you make any changes to the settings of your PC prior to the issue?
While you respond to that, let's try these steps:
Hard Reset: Follow steps from the link: https://hp.care/2GnkMa8.
- Turn off the computer and wait five seconds.
- Press the Power button to start the computer and repeatedly press the F10 key to enter the BIOS setup menu.
- On the BIOS Setup screen, press F9 to select and load the BIOS Setup Default settings.
- Press F10 to Save and Exit.
- Use the arrow keys to select Yes, then press Enter when asked Exit Saving Changes?
- Follow the prompts to restart your computer.
Next, to ensure this isn't a hardware malfunction, I suggest running an extensive system test. The Extensive Test will take 2 hours or more. If the HP PC Hardware Diagnostics for Windows app is not available on your computer, download the latest version from the HP Hardware Diagnostics website.
(Note: run the test with new RAM )
1. In Windows, search for and open the HP PC Hardware Diagnostics Windows app.
2. On the main menu, click System Tests.
3. Click the System Extensive Test tab.
4. Click Run once.
Hope this helps! Keep me posted for further assistance.
Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
I am an HP Employee