Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
Hp au006tx
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

its 4years old laptop. The battery is dead. Cant switch on the laptop without AC adapter plugged in. So planning to remove the battery and use the laptop as a desktop with power plugged in. Do hp au006tx works without a battery.If someone had experienced same situation, do reply? 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@kavi1167 

You have UPS and RTC or CMOS battery therefore no need to keep battery in your machine.

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@kavi1167 

What is your Hp au006tx  ? Is it a 13", 14". 15", 16" or 17"  machine ? I believe it is an HP Pavilion 15-au006tx, its specs

https://support.hp.com/au-en/document/c05138576

It has RTC battery therefore you can run machine on AC only. I actually have 2 machines w/o batteries for at least 3 years now, I'm using one machine nearly everyday and another one once or twice a week.

The ONLY problem: when house power went down suddenly your machine would get unpredictable damages specially its HDD.

Regards.

BH
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

HP Recommended

Its hp15au006tx(with inbuild battery).

I always connect the ac adaptor to the socket that connected to UPS.  The battery of notebook was already dead,  so even the main ac power goes off,  the ups can power the laptop. Thats how im using this for a month. 

My concern is will it works the same if i remove the battery or should the battery be there even if its dead to work. (Im not familiar with inbuilt battery)

Removal battery laptops works fine without battery.

Not sure about this one. 

HP Recommended

@kavi1167 

You have UPS and RTC or CMOS battery therefore no need to keep battery in your machine.

Regards.

BH

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.