Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
HP Notebook - 15-dw0051nf
Microsoft Windows 11

Hi,

My laptop failed to open an app (sims 4), so I turned it off and it never turn on again. When I try to turn it on, it get stuck on the black loading screen. I did the check and the image attached is what I got.

I don’t know what to do next.4C4DBBAD-1CDB-4653-AB00-08416285A4DA.jpeg 

Thanks for helping me

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

The internal storage solid state drive has failed and needs to be replaced. Likely data can be recovered from it but it no longer is suitable as a main system disk. Post back if you need more help with that and the first question is whether you still have HP warranty?

HP Recommended

Thank you for your quick response.

I no longer have the waranty (few days short sadly)

What do you mean by ‘need to be replace’ ? Will i need to physically change it ? If so I would really appreciate your help. 

Because I have two hard drive, I don’t know which one failed (one has 1terabyte of stockage, the other much less).

Is it possible to turn back on my computer with only one driver ?

How can I recover the data ?

Sorry for the many question, 🙂

Thanks a lot !

HP Recommended

Yes it needs to be physically replaced i.e. buy a new one. The one that has failed is the smaller 128 gig M.2 SSD. Sometimes called a "gumstick" disk because it looks a bit like a long narrow stick of gum. The data can be recovered by removing the SSD and attaching it to another computer with an adapter device so files can be copied and pasted from it. I am gathering from your response that you do not think you have the technical expertise to do this so you will have to find a technician. If you are only a few days past warranty you can try to see if HP will help. We are not HP Warranty we are fellow end users and have no powers to make warranty exceptions. We can help with manuals and purchase suggestions. Windows can be very easily reinstalled you do not need any kind of Key Code any more. You could use the larger drive to host the operating system by you might lose any data on it and that drive is much slower so I do not recommend that. Happy to provide more information if you wish. 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.