06-28-2012 09:20 AM
My HP Pavilion DVD-1285dx is acting strange. It reads some disks both dvd and cd just fine. When I try to burn new disks, the software I use, both trying to burn from windows explorer and also 3-party software, reads the disk and attempts to write to them. I then get an error stating that the disk has had an error so I think the disk is bad and nothing has gotten written to it. When I then try to read what is on that disk nothing is seen or the drive just keeps attempting to read it over and over again.
I have checked device manager and it showed no errors; I looked for updated drivers, none found; I deleted the the drive, rebooted then let it discover again, no change.
I ran Microsoft Fix-it which didn't find or fix the problem. I also installed a set of codecs suggested on a different board. When I found that it didn't correct the problem I uninstalled it.
- HP Notebook PCs - Reducing Heat Inside the PC to Prevent Overheating
- HP Notebook PCs - Computer Does Not Start and Emits an LED or Beep Code
- HP Notebook PCs - How to Power Reset your Laptop
- HP PCs - Computer Is Slow (Windows 10)
- HP Notebook PCs - Troubleshooting No LED Lights Glow During Startup or Boot