05-12-2012 10:58 AM
It should not need drivers. What are you trying to plug it in to? Or what are you trying to do with it? You might need software to watch movies or burn DVDs but the drive itself should mount as a lettered drive in any version of WIndows since XP SP2 when you plug it into a usb port.
05-12-2012 11:04 AM - last edited on 02-21-2017 06:59 PM by OscarFuentes
Is the DVD drive working? or are you looking for the drivers because it is not showing correctly in Device Manager?
This drive had a similar issue like the one below:
- HP Notebook PCs - Reducing Heat Inside the PC to Prevent Overheating
- HP Notebook PCs - Computer Does Not Start and Emits an LED or Beep Code
- HP Notebook PCs - How to Power Reset your Laptop
- HP PCs - Computer Is Slow (Windows 10)
- HP Notebook PCs - Troubleshooting No LED Lights Glow During Startup or Boot