Student
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Damaged hinge

hp envy m6-1205dx
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

Recently been having trouble with left hinge on computer. It seemed loose and would click/cracking sound when closing. When closing computer yesterday, hinge buldged out and top of screen split in two near the hinge. I know there has been numerous problems from others about the hinges in HP. Wondering how I can get this fixed and what the cost would be. Have had my HP for about 4 years and have loved every part of it. Would hate to lose all my information due to a manufacturing problem. Also, I take good care of my computer and it has not been dropped or damaged at all. This bulging hinge is the only problem.

Please Help!

1 REPLY 1
17490 12904 245 973
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Damaged hinge

@alyssaba521

I have brought your issue to the attention of an appropriate team within HP. They will likely request information from you in order to look up your case details or product serial number. Please look for a private message from an identified HP contact. Additionally, keep in mind not to publicly post personal information (serial numbers and case details).

If you are unfamiliar with how the Forum's private message capability works, you can learn about that here.
Thank you for visiting the HP Support Forum.

I work on behalf of HP
0 Kudos
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation