cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
    Information
    Fix HP Printer issue in macOS

A [software component] will damage your computer message displays when printing or while installing - Click Here

Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
    Information
    Fix HP Printer issue in macOS

A [software component] will damage your computer message displays when printing or while installing - Click Here

Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
Highlighted
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 1
Flag Post

Deactivate Intel RST / Enable AHCI Envy 15-ep0080ng

HP Recommended
HP ENVY Laptop 15-ep0080ng
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello everyone,

I've got me this great laptop recently, so far really happy with it, and it came with two 1TB SSD's set up in a RAID0. That I can break-up, but the drives won't switch over to AHCI and there is no explicit switch to do so. Eventually Ubuntu does not see the drives and advises me to a web site which unfortunatelly does not help.

I'd really like to have it dual-boot but the BIOS does not offer any other option than RAID or no RAID. I was speaking to the German support and they indicated it might be possible by disabling Intel RST but I just can't find a way to get around Intel RST drivers and/or disable/deactivate them.

Here's some more information about the laptop: HP ENVY 15-ep0080ng 15,6" UHD AMOLED Touch, Intel i9-10885H, 32GB RAM, 2x 1TB SSD, RTX 2060, Windows 10.

Produktnummer   E6R1EA#ABD / Seriennummer XXXXXXXXX

Any help or hint will be greatly appreciated!

Thanks!

PS: I don't mind loosing any data as there is none yet, just plain Windows 10 Home.

Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation