cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
    Information
    Know the Benefits of your HP account

Connect with HP support faster, manage all your devices in one place, view warranty information and more– Click Here

Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
    Information
    Know the Benefits of your HP account

Connect with HP support faster, manage all your devices in one place, view warranty information and more– Click Here

Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
Highlighted
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 1
Flag Post

Deactivate Intel RST / Enable AHCI Envy 15-ep0080ng

HP Recommended
HP ENVY Laptop 15-ep0080ng
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello everyone,

I've got me this great laptop recently, so far really happy with it, and it came with two 1TB SSD's set up in a RAID0. That I can break-up, but the drives won't switch over to AHCI and there is no explicit switch to do so. Eventually Ubuntu does not see the drives and advises me to a web site which unfortunatelly does not help.

I'd really like to have it dual-boot but the BIOS does not offer any other option than RAID or no RAID. I was speaking to the German support and they indicated it might be possible by disabling Intel RST but I just can't find a way to get around Intel RST drivers and/or disable/deactivate them.

Here's some more information about the laptop: HP ENVY 15-ep0080ng 15,6" UHD AMOLED Touch, Intel i9-10885H, 32GB RAM, 2x 1TB SSD, RTX 2060, Windows 10.

Produktnummer   E6R1EA#ABD / Seriennummer XXXXXXXXX

Any help or hint will be greatly appreciated!

Thanks!

PS: I don't mind loosing any data as there is none yet, just plain Windows 10 Home.

Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation