Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
HP Pavilion dv6 - 6c80el
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi everyone, I have been having trouble getting my dedicated video card to work for a long time now. My computer has two video cards, one integrated and one dedicated:

1. Integrated: Intel(R) HD graphics 3000
  2. Dedicated: Radeon HD 7690M XT (it is recognized by the system as Radeon HD 6700M, because they are the same thing)

From recent experiences, I strongly believe that my pc is not properly using (or unable to use) the dedicated Radeon video card.

Before listing the issues, I would like to point out that all drivers are all updated to the latest version and windows 10 (64 bit) is updated to the latest version. I also checked for the BIOS update, but it is on the latest version.

From the control panel of the Radeon card, I can control how the various applications run, choosing between "energy saving" (Intel HD) or "maximum performance" (Radeon HD).

Here are some examples of different applications, just to better understand the situation and the problem:

1. Setting the steam games to "maximum performance", they do not start and this forces me to set them to "energy saving". In other words, they start only if they are set to "energy saving".
  2. By setting the "Virtual Desktop" application (an application related to VR) to "maximum performance", it does not start and once again I am forced to set it to "energy saving".
  3. In the settings of a program called PPSSPP (a PSP console emulator), in the option related to which video card to use, PPSSPP only makes me choose between: Intel (R) HD Graphics 3000 and Microsoft Basic Render Driver (instead of Radeon HD) . This program runs correctly whether it is set to "maximum performance" or "power saving".

As I said before, these are scattered examples just to better understand the situation regarding the Radeon HD video card. On the internet I searched for everything and tried everything, but I still haven't found a solution.

What seemed to me to be the closest thing to a solution is this: in Windows 10 there is an option called "Graphics Settings" where, for each application, I can choose which video card to use. The problem is that, when choosing, I only have the Intel HD video card.

There is only Intel HD, in both optionsThere is only Intel HD, in both options

I'm Italian, the first option is related to energy saving and the second to high performance.

In summary, in various situations the computer does not see / cannot use the dedicated Radeon HD video card but always and only the Intel HD. I don't know what else to do. I hope I have explained the problem well, thank you in advance for your help.

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.