Student
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Defective Product/Faulty Hinge

HP Envy Touchsmart
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I was given an HP Ency Touchsmart computer summer 2014 as a graduation present. A warranty was purchased for the computer from Best Buy and for a while there were no issues with the computer other than the cooling fan going out. Now, on the right side of my laptop, the plastic bottom is coming apart from the keyboard base of the computer near the port for the charger. I cannot close the laptop without the gap becoming wider and at this point I cannot close the base and the optical drive is no longer flush with the plastic bottom of the computer. I have never dropped this computer and I have never forcefully opened it. I can see inside where this metal hinge will not lay down properly when I try to close the laptop and because of this it has actually started to crack the plastic base of my computer. 

1 REPLY 1
17630 13044 251 986
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Defective Product/Faulty Hinge

@appsmartoo

I have brought your issue to the attention of an appropriate team within HP. They will likely request information from you in order to look up your case details or product serial number. Please look for a private message from an identified HP contact. Additionally, keep in mind not to publicly post personal information (serial numbers and case details).

If you are unfamiliar with how the Forum's private message capability works, you can learn about that here.
Thank you for visiting the HP Support Forum.

I work on behalf of HP
0 Kudos
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation