Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
HP ENVY x360 - 15m-bp112dx
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I have "HP ENVY x360 - 15m-bp112dx" and the hinge of left corner was broken after manufacturer warranty was over. It looks like many people have the same issue. What process do I need to take to get this fixed?  Can someone help?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@sparkgo Welcome to HP Community!

I understand your concern and I have brought your issue to the attention of an appropriate team within HP.

They will likely request information from you in order to look up your case details or product serial number.

Please look for a private message from an identified HP contact.

Additionally, keep in mind not to publicly post personal information (serial numbers and case details).

If you are unfamiliar with how the Community's private message capability works, you can learn about that here.

https://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/First-Time-Here-Learn-How-to-Post-and-More/How-To-Send-A-Private-Messa...

Thank you for visiting the HP Support Community.

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
HP Recommended

@sparkgo

Thank you for posting on the HP Support Community.

Don't worry as I'll be glad to help, As we have limited support boundaries in the support community as of now.

I would request you to contact our Support and our Support Engineers should be able to sort this out. HP Support can be reached by clicking on the following link: www.hp.com/contacthp/

Please feel free to contact us here anytime you need any further assistance. Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

@Echo_Lake

No one's reached out to me.  Please help!!  😞  

HP Recommended

Looks as though we have had the same issue.. I have 2 of the hp pavilion convertible 14m-cd0000 x360 laptops and after the warranty was up the hinge on one broke and ripped the screen half way of the laptop and then a couple of weeks later the other laptop the hinge broke but luckily I was able to catch that one before it ripped the screen off like the other laptop but it did pop the bottom corner of the screen out. I bought them at the same time brand new still in sealed box almost $1000.00 with hopes they would last me a few years and they barely made it over a year.. I sent all the laptops info to whomever from HP on here messaged me asking for the info and no response since.. these laptops should have a recall on them beings it's due to crappy parts on them that they are breaking.. I can't afford to pay to buy now 3 new computers since now I'm getting ready to homeschool 2 of my children so they each need one for that and one for myself for work.. I have always bought HP and have never had a problem until now..  HP honestly should do what's right and replace the laptops due to a manufacturer default and if they don't I hate to say for myself and anyone I know I will make sure they start to lose business..  hopefully everyone with this problem gets answers and some how does what is right and replaces them and lists them on the recall list.. good luck to you

HP Recommended

Yeah.. I have two hp laptops.  I also have dell and apple laptops,  It get slower as it gets older though. No physical issue at all.  The HP's convertible one is for sure a defect.  I paid more for convertible feature, but that is what caused the problem.  I didn't even use convertible feature much.  I'm now getting tired of waiting on service contact.   

HP Recommended

Yeah we very rarely used the 360 feature either.. I bought them because they were HP and I have always liked hp but am highly disappointed with these.. if I knew they would break around a year after buying them I would have just taken that money and walked to the trash can and just thrown the money in the trash

HP Recommended

@sparkgo Welcome to HP Community!

I understand your concern and I have brought your issue to the attention of an appropriate team within HP.

They will likely request information from you in order to look up your case details or product serial number.

Please look for a private message from an identified HP contact.

Additionally, keep in mind not to publicly post personal information (serial numbers and case details).

If you are unfamiliar with how the Community's private message capability works, you can learn about that here.

https://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/First-Time-Here-Learn-How-to-Post-and-More/How-To-Send-A-Private-Messa...

Thank you for visiting the HP Support Community.

HP Recommended

I am having the same problem.  My warranty expired a couple months ago and then my hinge broke which then broke my computer screen.  Because the hinge on the left is broken it stripped out the plastic piece and my screws won't work.   What process do I need to take to get this fixed?  Can someone help?

hinge envy.jpgscreen envy.jpg

HP Recommended

exact same thing happened to me. I can't get a hold of customer support to see how much it'll cost to fix. I'm posting here hoping that a representative will send a personal message because my screen is starting to come off and I cannot go without a laptop for school.

HP Please send me a message

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.