SuperPCC2021
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 1
Flag Post

Demolished Right Cooling Fan Blades

HP Recommended
Spectre X360 Model 15-df0033dx
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

20211005_100052.jpg20211005_095859.jpg20211005_093620.jpgSpectre X360 would not power on anymore. Got three quick led flashes when trying to power on. 

When pulling out power plug, I see 3 slow flashes. Took off bottom cover and the right fan is demolished. I noticed plastic fan blades and broken pieces of broken fan blades all over the fan housing. Even some visible in the outside exhaust heat sink port. Wow! The fan can't spin off course due to damage. I cleared out all the broken bits so I'm at a loss here. This is only a 2 year old laptop. Went out of  Warranty August 2020.

This has to be covered by some sort of recall or Class Action? I have been working on laptops for 20+ years. Never seen this before, especially on a 2 yr old laptop. 

Is HP fixing these gratis for customers?  Of course laptop doesn't power on either so not sure if it's just fan error causing it not to boot but I would guess the extreme heat from this right side of the case made the fan blades brittle over time and then they disintegrated.

Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation