Honor Student
2 1 0 0
Message 1 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Detachable keyboard won't charge

HPEnvy x 2-13-j002dx
Microsoft Windows 8.1 (32-bit)

My detachable keyboard won't charge and bluetooth was working sporadically then stopped all together. Does it have a replaceable battery or do I need to purchase a new keyboard?

3 REPLIES 3
Retired
Retired
947 891 41 165
Message 2 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Welcome @Teresa7,

I see you're having trouble with the detachable keyboard. I'd like to help.

I'm going to suggest you start with the steps in this document: HP ENVY 13-j000 and 15-c000 x2 Detachable Notebook PCs - Cannot Electronically Connect Bluetooth Key...

Please get back to me and let me know if this helps by hitting the Thumbs Up.

Cheers,

TechSurge.

TechSurge
I work on behalf of HP

Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom to say “Thanks” for helping.

0 Kudos
Teresa7 Honor Student
Honor Student
2 1 0 0
Message 3 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I have completed that process as well as the troubleshooting guide on problems with keyboard. The power light does not light up even though it has been charging.

0 Kudos
Retired
Retired
947 891 41 165
Message 4 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hey @Teresa7,

If it's not lighting up, then it's most likely an issue with either the power cord, or the plug inside the keyboard.

If the product is still in warranty, you could call in for repair. Please use the following http://www.hp.com/contacthp and create a case for your issue and contact HP.

If you live outside the US/Canada, please click the link below to get the contact information for your region.
http://www8.hp.com/us/en/contact-hp/ww-phone-assist.html

Cheers,

TechSurge.

TechSurge
I work on behalf of HP

Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom to say “Thanks” for helping.

0 Kudos
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation