Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
ENvy 13-ah1012TU
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Dear all.

The Envy 13-ah1012 description shows that it has fingerPrint sensor and i can see on the right edge of the notebook. But there is not any Bio and/or validity fingerprint sensor using Windows 10 x64 device manager. Windows Hello says  "Face and fingerprint recognition are not available on this device"!

What is the problem? What i have to do?

Tks and best regards,

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Also, the producer forgot to remove the plastic at the sensor connector... in my case... You should check and remove it! 

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

@valst 

From the following specs

https://support.hp.com/au-en/document/c06182126

It does not have finger print reader nor IR camera which support Windows Hello.

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

HP Recommended

Thank you very much.

Could you please explain how to understand attached real picture and screen-shot from HP model description?

HP Envy VFS.jpgimage.png

HP Recommended

And driver searching result for "Envy 13-ah1012TU" lists drivers for VFS?

Best regards,

HP Recommended

And here is another.... What does it mean?

Best regards,

image.png

HP Recommended

It has. I installed suitable version of Intel SGX and the sensor appeared and ready to use. Bests.

HP Recommended

Also, the producer forgot to remove the plastic at the sensor connector... in my case... You should check and remove it! 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.