Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
HP 15 BC406TX
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Does Hp 15 bc406tx has m.2 ssd slot & can i change the keyboard light from green to any other colour

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

@TarunCA

I did a double check on the Maintenance and Service Guide 

Yes, your notebook does support M.2.

You can also check the Chapter1 in Maintenance and Service using this link: http://h10032.www1.hp.com/ctg/Manual/c05955459 

And there is no option to change the light color in the keyboard.

Hope this answer your question.

Keep me posted, how it goes!

If the information I've provided was helpful, give us some reinforcement by clicking the Accepted Solution and Kudos buttons, that'll help us and others see that we've got the answers!

Have a great day!

Cheers:)

Raj1788
I am an HP Employee 

HP Recommended

Hi Raj,

To add NVME SSD, do I need to go service center or I can call for installation at home by HP?

Also, the link for the doc has some errors:

Intel Core i5-8300H is QUAD core, not HEXA core

HP Recommended

@SwastikP,

It looks like you were interacting with @Raj1788, but he is out for the day & I'll be glad to help you out, 
I'm the Jeet_Singh & I'm at your service. 

As I see from your post you need information and assistance related to adding an SSD on your HP notebook. Don't worry I'll do my best to help you with this.

In this scenario, I will share you a private message with details. Please watch your inbox for more information.

Let me know if this helps!

Have a great day ahead! 🙂

If I have helped you resolve the issue, feel free to give me a virtual high-five by clicking the 'Thumbs Up' icon below,

Followed by clicking on "Accept as Solution" from the drop-down menu on the upper right corner.

Jeet_Singh
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hi Jeet,

I have the same question, could you please even send me the details of which company SSD and what model can be installed.

I called up HP World showroom and they are clueless about the same and say that the Laptop (HP BC 406TX) is not compatible for m.2 SSD.

The current SATA HD is so slow that it takes almost more than 5 mins to boot and make the system usable, Hence I want to upgrade the laptop with SSD and use it just for storage purpose.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.