Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
HP Notebook - 15-bw036ur
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi! Does Laptop HP 15-bw036ur (2BT56EA) has m.2 slot for SSD inside?

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hi:

Yes, it has a M.2 slot for a SATA SSD, not NVMe.

Below is the link to the service manual...

http://h10032.www1.hp.com/ctg/Manual/c05493256

HP Recommended

Thank you very much for the answer! One more question: it is not clear from the service manual if 15-bw036ur supports 16Gb of RAM. Does it have second slot for additional memory? Screenshot of page 2 of the manual is attached. This series of laptop has only AMD processors. My CPU is AMD A4-9120 (which BTW is not specified in the manual).Memory.jpg

HP Recommended

You're very welcome.

I believe the notebooks with the AMD A4 processors have one memory slot and can support up to 8 GB of memory.

Best to open it up and confirm that before buying memory for it.

I think I read somewhere that you can actually install a 16 GB chip in that one memory slot, but the official specs state the max is 8 GB in one slot.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.