Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
HP Notebook - 15-bw036ur
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi! Does Laptop HP 15-bw036ur (2BT56EA) has m.2 slot for SSD inside?

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hi:

Yes, it has a M.2 slot for a SATA SSD, not NVMe.

Below is the link to the service manual...

http://h10032.www1.hp.com/ctg/Manual/c05493256

HP Recommended

Thank you very much for the answer! One more question: it is not clear from the service manual if 15-bw036ur supports 16Gb of RAM. Does it have second slot for additional memory? Screenshot of page 2 of the manual is attached. This series of laptop has only AMD processors. My CPU is AMD A4-9120 (which BTW is not specified in the manual).Memory.jpg

HP Recommended

You're very welcome.

I believe the notebooks with the AMD A4 processors have one memory slot and can support up to 8 GB of memory.

Best to open it up and confirm that before buying memory for it.

I think I read somewhere that you can actually install a 16 GB chip in that one memory slot, but the official specs state the max is 8 GB in one slot.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.