Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
HP Spectre x360 15"
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I'm trying to verify if HP Power Bank will charge my HP Spectre x360 15", and if so what are model numbers?  I really can't find any firm information on the HP web site.  It seems HP has done well in locking out most charging options (including no assurance that their dock will charge it either).  Any suggestions?  Thanks for the advice

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

Hello @kenzhd,

A specific model name or product number would be appreciated. E.g. HP Spectre x360 - 13-ap0028ca or 5MT98UA#ABL

Information on how to find a laptop's model name or product number is detailed in this HP document. (Please do not post serial numbers on the HP Support Community. The difference between a product number and a serial number is that the product number contains a # sign)

It really depends on the power requirements. Anything beyond 100W is not supported and for anything between 60 and 100W, you'll probably have to depend on third party power banks.

Kind regards,

Eddy

I used to be an HP Expert. I no longer participate in this community.
HP Recommended

My computer  is HP Spectre x360  model 15-ch0xx, product #6YSU9R#ABA, s/n

[edit].  I found the HP Spectre Power Bank listed as being compatible with the Spectre product line, so I bought it( 928984-001, and on the box is X002GRB2IP) .  However, it will not charge from the USB-C port of the computer, nor is there facility to plug it into the charger that comes with the computer (it's advertised to be able to charge from the computer charger).   So, I don't know if it's the computer that won't charge the power bank, or if the power bank is defective.  I have it plugged into a standard generic wall charger at the moment as a check (I'm assuming HP hasn't blocked that function).    My next step is to try to charge my phone on the laptop USB-C port and see if that charges.   Any suggestions?  I really want portable power, but I'm getting  extremely frustrated that something that should simply plug in and work doesn't, and there are few resources to find out.

HP Recommended

According to the HP USB-C Notebook Power Bank 2NA10UT Quickspecs, which seems to go by HP Spare part number 928984-001, the USB-C port only supports a maximum of 15W, which is nowhere close to enough.

The power bank that is compatible with your device is the HP Spectre USB-C™ Power Pack 2XF31AA. US Store: https://store.hp.com/us/en/pdp/hp-spectre-usb-c%E2%84%A2-power-pack

Kind regards,

Eddy

Please Accept as Solution if this answered your question.

I used to be an HP Expert. I no longer participate in this community.
HP Recommended

Hi, and thanks for your help.  I returned the powerbank 2NA1OUT, and bought 2XF31AA.  The outside of the box says 2XF31AA, the product on the inside has identification 928984-001.  When I cross reference this number, it corresponds to 2NA1OUT.  First question - did the wrong item get packaged and sent (I bought from a reseller, not directly through HP).  The box appeared to have original seals on it.  Are counterfeits of 2XF31AA out there?  It has printed on the side an input of 15/20V 3A max, but it appears  not charge from a standard USB charge (5V, 2.1A max, tested using a USB tester to monitor current & voltage).  It appears not to charge connected to the laptop thunderbolt port, neither.  Does it require special charger?  Additionally, on the bottom of the Powerbank is written for Output 1  5-20V 3A (60W) max output.  However, I cannot test this since I cannot seem to charge it.  Any suggestions? Again, thanks for your help.  -Ken

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.