Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
Pavilion 15-cs3153cl
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I bought my HP Pavilion 15-cs3153cl several months ago.  It is a 10th generation Core i5 with 512 GB NVMe SSD.  Can anyone tell me whether there is the capability to add a 2nd hard drive (whether rotational, SSD, or NVMe) in this laptop?  Also, the PC came with 12 GB RAM.  How much RAM is capable in this PC?

Thanks in advance, and Happy Holidays!

Howard

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi:

Below is the link to the Crucial memory report for your notebook.

Memory RAM & SSD Upgrades | hp - compaq | pavilion 15-cs series | Pavilion 15-cs3153cl | Crucial.com

According to the report you can install as much as 2 x 32 GB of memory.

Unfortunately the service manual on your notebook's support page is out of date and only covers the specs on the older models.

HP Pavilion 15-cs3000 Laptop PC series Manuals | HP® Customer Support

However, I am willing to bet that your notebook does not have the hardware to add a 2.5" SSD.

You would need the additional parts listed in chapter 3, page 26 of the manual...Neither part is orderable from HP.

(3) Hard drive brackets      L19469-001
(4) Hard drive cable            L23889-001

You would be better off replacing the existing NVMe drive with one having a larger storage capacity.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Hi:

Below is the link to the Crucial memory report for your notebook.

Memory RAM & SSD Upgrades | hp - compaq | pavilion 15-cs series | Pavilion 15-cs3153cl | Crucial.com

According to the report you can install as much as 2 x 32 GB of memory.

Unfortunately the service manual on your notebook's support page is out of date and only covers the specs on the older models.

HP Pavilion 15-cs3000 Laptop PC series Manuals | HP® Customer Support

However, I am willing to bet that your notebook does not have the hardware to add a 2.5" SSD.

You would need the additional parts listed in chapter 3, page 26 of the manual...Neither part is orderable from HP.

(3) Hard drive brackets      L19469-001
(4) Hard drive cable            L23889-001

You would be better off replacing the existing NVMe drive with one having a larger storage capacity.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.