cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mailorder
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post

Does my fan have a bad bearing? If so, what model of fan to buy for OMEN Laptop 15-en0xxx?

HP Recommended
OMEN Laptop 15-en0xxx
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi everyone, laptop noob here.

Context: I have had this laptop since September 2020 (so six months or so), but my left fan seems to have a bad bearing after it was dropped about 2 feet above the carpet on Friday (3/5). Since Sunday (3/7), it has been making a slight rattling sound (I searched up some videos of bad bearings and it resembles the sound) from time to time. After opening up the bottom of my laptop to get rid of the dust with a compressed air can, the rattling sound persists sometimes. But what I'm puzzled about is that the sound only lasts about 2-3 seconds and happens only few times a day -- think 1 to 3 times -- it's not a constant thing whatsoever.  Also, when I turn on the max fan mode, no rattling sound happens. 

I haven't tried gaming again, but the laptop performance seems fine. I lowered my maximum processor limit to about 90% and my laptop stays at a nice 35C-50C when idle. As a precuation, I uploaded all my files to a separate hard drive.

Questions:

Is this normally how a fan with a bad bearing is? Should I replace it immediately?

If so, what model of the left fan should be bought for the OMEN Laptop 15-en0xxx 15"6 (Ryzen AMD 7) and where should I buy it?  I looked up the model on HP Partsurfer yet did not find the en0xxx version listed, so I'm confused on how to find the right parts.

Any help at all is appreciated! 

Much thanks.

1 REPLY 1
KrazyToad
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
21,018 21,005 1,276 1,303
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@mailorder

Welcome to HP Support Community

I would like to help

Since this is a new Notebook, I suggest you get the Fan serviced within warranty since this might get worse later

1) Click on this link - www.hp.com/contacthp/ 
2) Select your product type below.
3) Enter the serial of your device. 
4) Select the country from the drop-down. 
5) Select the chat or get phone number options based on your preferences. 
6) Fill the web-form and proceed further.

Thank you

If the information I've provided was helpful, give us some reinforcement by clicking the "Solution Accepted" on this Post and it will also help other community members with similar issue.

KrazyToad
I Am An HP Employee

0 Kudos
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation