Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
HP Spectre Pro x360 G1 Convertible PC (ENERGY STAR)
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I have an HP Spectre Pro x360 G1 Convertible PC with 256GB SSD. I'm wondering if it has an extra internal expansion slot where I can add a second SSD. If so, what type/model of SSD do I need to buy?

I want to add a second  1TB internal SSD.

https://support.hp.com/us-en/product/hp-spectre-pro-x360-g1-convertible-pc/7611209/model/7611213/doc...

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Here is the Service Manual:

Manual 

The storage options in this line are limited to a single 2280/2260 M.2 slot. It can accept a SATA  M.2 SSD. Samsung 860 Evo should be fine. 

Amazon.com: Samsung 860 EVO SSD 1TB - M.2 SATA Internal Solid State Drive with V-NAND Technology (MZ...

Post back with any more questions and please accept as solution if this is the info you needed. 

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

Here is the Service Manual:

Manual 

The storage options in this line are limited to a single 2280/2260 M.2 slot. It can accept a SATA  M.2 SSD. Samsung 860 Evo should be fine. 

Amazon.com: Samsung 860 EVO SSD 1TB - M.2 SATA Internal Solid State Drive with V-NAND Technology (MZ...

Post back with any more questions and please accept as solution if this is the info you needed. 

HP Recommended

@Huffer

Thank you very much for your quick response as whereas the resources/links provided.

I'm going to try out your recommendation. I will provide an update on how it plays out. 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.