Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
HP Pavilion Beats 15
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hey guys,

I’m currently trying to upgrade from an HDD to an SSD, however I wasn’t sure whether to get a SATA SSD, or try to go for that M2 NVMe SSD since I heard that is slightly better. My concern is that I am not sure if my laptop has an NVMe slot. I tried looking online but failed to find that piece of information. Could someone help me out with this? And am I making the right move here? If I do have a slot, should I get that and leave the HDD for additional storage? Or should I replace the HDD with a SATA SSD? Am I even making any sense here? I just found out about every single one of these today. Also what brand of SSD do you guys recommend?

Any help is greatly appreciated, thanks in advance!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi,

Your notebook does not have an M2 slot. So, you will need to replace the Hard Drive with a 2.5" SATA3 SSD. One of the best is considered the Samsung 860 Evo. You can get of your desired capacity.

Example:

https://www.amazon.com/Samsung-Inch-Internal-MZ-76E1T0B-AM/dp/B078DPCY3T/ref=sr_1_1?dchild=1&keyword...

You will then need to either transfer the OS (clone the drive), or reinstall the OS on the SSD. It will give a great boost to everyday performance of the machine.

Hope it helps,

David

Please click on thumbs up for thanks

Please click on accept as solution if answered your question

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

Hi,

Can you provide the full model number or product number of the PC for further help.. Here is how to find it.

Model number

Let me know,

David

HP Recommended

Hey David, sure thing!

The sticker on the laptop says it’s “HP Pavilion Beats”

From HP Support Assistant it says:

Product name: HP Beats 15 Notebook PC

Serial Number: [edited]

Product Number: G6R14UA#ABA

I really appreciate the help!

HP Recommended

Hi,

Your notebook does not have an M2 slot. So, you will need to replace the Hard Drive with a 2.5" SATA3 SSD. One of the best is considered the Samsung 860 Evo. You can get of your desired capacity.

Example:

https://www.amazon.com/Samsung-Inch-Internal-MZ-76E1T0B-AM/dp/B078DPCY3T/ref=sr_1_1?dchild=1&keyword...

You will then need to either transfer the OS (clone the drive), or reinstall the OS on the SSD. It will give a great boost to everyday performance of the machine.

Hope it helps,

David

Please click on thumbs up for thanks

Please click on accept as solution if answered your question

HP Recommended

Not all heroes wear capes... Thanks a lot brotha, I really appreciate it!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.