cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
LumpyCrumpet
2 1 0 0
Message 1 of 3
Flag Post

Does the HP Pavilion 15-eh0017na Laptop - Ryzen™ 5 charge over USB-C?

HP Recommended
HP Pavilion 15-eh0017na Laptop - Ryzen™ 5

Hi,

The product page for this particular laptop says that it has Power Delivery support - has anyone got this laptop and are they able to confirm if it can be charged over USB-C? I have a 61W MacBook Pro adapter as well as some Anker ones around which should put out more than enough power to do so, I'm just worried about blowing up my new laptop by trying them...

HP Pavilion 15-eh0017na Laptop - Ryzen™ 5 - HP Store UK

2 REPLIES 2
banhien
Level 19
Level 19
90,568 90,445 11,630 24,925
Message 2 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@LumpyCrumpet 

Its specs

https://support.hp.com/gb-en/document/c07041160

Yes, you can use a compatible USB-C charger to charge your machine, I don't have an USB-C charger, but I tested my USB-C Gen 5 dock on a similar Envy machine and they worked.

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

LumpyCrumpet
Author
2 1 0 0
Message 3 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Thanks for that - I'm a little confused though since the spec sheet on the downloadable manual doesn't mention PD as a feature of the laptop. On the offchance, if it didn't have PD after all, what would happen if I plugged in a PD-compatible charger? Would I suddenly have an expensive paperweight or would the laptop simply refuse to accept power?

0 Kudos
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation