Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
Pavilion 15z-aw000
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello

I recently bought a Pavilion 15z-aw000 (W5T21AV) . The  HP Pavilion Notebook PC  Maintenance and Service Guide I downloaded from HP Support site is intended for several Pavilion Notebooks hence I am not quit sure if my model  supports M.2 SSD Type-2280. I would like to know if the laptop supports this technology before buying an Cruise drive.

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

See p. 32 of the Manual here:

Manual

There is supposed to be an M.2 2280 slot to the left of the hard drive. You  can also install an M.2 SATA mSSD as an alternative to the hard drive using a special SSD adapter and cable. We do get reports that in some cases if you open the laptop you will not find an actual M.2 port to the left of the hard drive. 

There might be an SD card reader in that position. See p. 52. The Manual still shows the M.2 slot being there, however. 

Bottom line the only way to be 100% sure the slot is there is to open the back cover which you have to do anyway to install the M.2. Bear in mind your laptop only supports the SATA-III type M.2 disks if any. 

Post back with any more questions. 

If this is "the Answer" please click "Accept as Solution" to help others find it. 

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

See p. 32 of the Manual here:

Manual

There is supposed to be an M.2 2280 slot to the left of the hard drive. You  can also install an M.2 SATA mSSD as an alternative to the hard drive using a special SSD adapter and cable. We do get reports that in some cases if you open the laptop you will not find an actual M.2 port to the left of the hard drive. 

There might be an SD card reader in that position. See p. 52. The Manual still shows the M.2 slot being there, however. 

Bottom line the only way to be 100% sure the slot is there is to open the back cover which you have to do anyway to install the M.2. Bear in mind your laptop only supports the SATA-III type M.2 disks if any. 

Post back with any more questions. 

If this is "the Answer" please click "Accept as Solution" to help others find it. 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.